(This scholarship is for students entering Year 7 2016)
|Applications open:||October 2015|
|Applications close:||November 2015|
|Dates to be confirmed|
Rossmoyne prepares students to take their place as outstanding individuals and future leaders in the global community. The school won the inaugural The Australian School of the Year in 2001 and this scholarship exists to recognise a student with a capacity and willingness to lead and contribute positively to school and community life.
The scholarship is open to all current Year 6 students who are living and will continue to live with their parents in our local intake area.
The winner of The Australian School of the Year Scholarship will receive payment of standard school contributions and charges for 2016, a $250 voucher from Office Choice and a ‘The Australian School of the Year Scholarship’ certificate.
Lodgement of Application
Application forms (in PDF format) and further details are available from: 2015 Rossmoyne ASOY Scholarship Application Form
Applicants will be required to supply the following information:
- Completed 2016 Application Form and Student Profile
- A written essay of up to 250 words on how leadership can contribute to a community, in response to the following quote: “The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of life is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give.” (William Arthur Ward)
- A detailed list of student’s community involvement, achievements, leadership awards and experience
- Two written references
- Copies of the applicant’s last two school reports
- Copy of most recent NAPLAN report
Applications may be submitted online (email: email@example.com), by mail or in person to Rossmoyne Senior High School, but we encourage online applications wherever possible. When emailing application, the total file size is not to exceed 2MB. They must be received by 3.30pm (date to be confirmed) November 2015. No late applications will be considered.
Applicants will be short listed based upon an assessment of their application and consideration of their current primary school recommendation.
Applicants may be required to have an interview with the Principal and/or his nominees as part of the selection process. Short-listed applicants are advised to bring a portfolio of their 2015 school work to such an interview. The winner of the scholarship will be advised late in Term 4, 2015, and announced at the final assembly in 2015.
- The decision of the school in respect to the naming of the winner of The Australian School of the Year Scholarshipis final.
- Applicants must live and continue to live with their parents at an address within our Local Intake Area.
- The winner, through the authority of their parents, will agree to appear in any publicity that Rossmoyne Senior High School seeks and receives as a consequence of The Australian School of the Year Scholarship. This may include publicity in our school newsletter and web site, local, state and national press announcements, and television and radio coverage.
- The school reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship at any time during its duration in the event of a breach of any of these conditions, or the recipient not supporting the school ethos.
Please email the completed Application Form and required documents by (date to be confirmed) November 2015 to:firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to:
Rossmoyne Senior High School
Keith Road, Rossmoyne
Western Australia 6148