In October 2021, Rossmoyne Senior High School was awarded government funding for a significant school building development.
The new buildings will not only cater for the school’s growth in student numbers, but importantly, enhance our learning environment.
As at September 2022, planning is in its final stages and contracts for the new development are being finalised before going out to tender.
New buildings and facilities include:
- A new Teaching Learning Block including a new library (Hub), staff offices, and 26 classrooms to be used by the Humanities and Languages Learning Areas. This block will be built on the school’s eastern oval.
- A new Science Building including eight science laboratories. This will be built adjoining the existing Science building, at the south side of the school neighbouring Bull Creek Reserve.
- New student change rooms, a fitness centre and Physical Education staff offices. This complex will be built on the school’s western oval, near the existing swimming pool.
- When the new buildings are complete, the old Humanities classrooms, Hub and change rooms will be demolished to make way for a new oval space.
While this development represents exciting growth for Rossmoyne Senior High School, the contruction period will cause some disruption to usual routines.
Throughout September and October 2022 a number of transportable classrooms will be relocated to prepare the school site for this building development.
The school is striving to minimise any disruption to teaching and learning programs whilst navigating the area closures and room changes as necessary for construction.
Full project timeline:
- 2022 – site prepared with moving of transportable classrooms.
- 2023 – construction commences.
- 2024 – construction concludes by end of year.
- 2025 – new buildings opened for use.
- 2025 – demolition of old buildings and new oval installed.