Parents and Citizens Association (P&C)
The Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) works to support the school for the benefit of all students.
The Rossmoyne Senior High School P&C is a group of enthusiastic parents, teachers and other interested community members who contribute their ideas and skills to the school in a variety of different ways.
What we do
The P&C is responsible for:
- Allocating financial support (parent donations) to school programs, buildings or projects.
- Selecting parent representatives to join the School Board and other committees like the Uniform Committee and the Buildings and Grounds Committee.
The P&C also:
- Coordinates P&C sub-committees in support of specific student groups and programs.
- Coordinates other community-school engagement opportunities.
How to join
To become a member, please complete the P&C Membership form.
P&C membership is free.
Quarterly P&C Meetings
P&C Meetings are held at 7.00pm in the school’s Function Room once a term. All parents and guardians of current students are welcomed to attend.
Meetings are usually held in Week 5 of each term, dates are listed on the school calendar.
Annual General Meeting
Everyone is welcome to attend the P&C’s Annual General Meeting, held within the Term 1 quarterly meeting.
The 2022 Annual General Meeting was held on March 2, 2022.
The next Annual General Meeting will be held on March 1, 2023. [View agenda].
Parents are welcome to join the P&C as an ‘e-Member’. e-Members receive email updates relating to issues and topics discussed by the P&C, including items impact their children’s education and other happenings within the school community.
e-Members are encouraged to help enrich the school community by contributing ideas and participate in the discussions by email. The more opinions we have, the more rounded and helpful our combined suggestions, ideas and visions will be to the school community!
Supporting specialist programs
The Volleyball and Music specialist programs are supported by P&C sub-committees. The specialist sub-committees include parents, teachers and other interested members of the community with a particular interest in the specialist areas. All parents are welcome to join these groups.
Parents with children participating in these programs are welcome to join these groups at any time by completing the P&C Membership form.
Music sub-committee – the ‘Music Parents Support Group’
The Music Parents Support Group (MSG) supports the school’s Classical Music Specialist Program. Their support includes:
- Selling music concert tickets
- Volunteering as stage crew
- Supporting the supervision of students
- Hosting supper
- Fundraising for purchase of equipment
- Helping out at events including the music orientation, the annual outdoor concert
- Provide ideas and general support to the Music Department.
- Running the school’s Second Hand Uniform Shop
Volleyball sub-committee – the ‘Volleyball Parents Support Group’
The Volleyball Parents Support Group supports the school’s Volleyball Specialist Program. Their support includes:
- Organising uniforms
- Fundraising for events and tours
- President: Michael Pailthorpe
- Vice President: Jason Payne
- Treasurer: Saman Perera
- Secretary: Anna Moorthy
- Executive Committee Members: William Chi, Simon Cosgriff, Svetlana Tessalina, Patrick Chen
- School Board Representative: David McMeekin
- Music sub-committee – the ‘Music Parents Support Group’ chair: E-Mae Lim
- Music sub-committee – Second Hand Uniform Shop coordinator: Sue Windham
- Volleyball sub-committee – the ‘Volleyball Parents Support Group’ chair: Jaya Ralph