Procedure for Enrolling at Rossmoyne Senior High School

Below is the full Rossmoyne Senior High School Enrolment policy.

Read a brief summary of eligibility and entry pathways to our school.


Rossmoyne Senior High School is a Local Intake school that offers a Gifted and Talented Languages Program and Specialist Classical Music, Mathematics and Volleyball Programs. In order to enrol at Rossmoyne Senior High School, specific eligibility requirements apply to Applications for Enrolment for Gifted and Talented/Specialist Programs and Local Intake. 

A large number of students are enrolled at Rossmoyne Senior High School and this places considerable stress on school resources such as classrooms, specialist rooms, computing rooms, library and toilets. For this reason the Department of Education has designated Rossmoyne as a local intake school.

To enrol at the school there a number of eligibility requirements for local intake enrolments. These are:

Application and Eligibility

The school only has places for a student whose family is residing within the boundaries of the Rossmoyne Senior High School local intake area as determined by the Department of Education, Western Australia at the time the enrolment commences.

A map of the local intake area is available from the school, or may be downloaded from the school website under “Enrolments”.

To assist the school to determine the student’s eligibility under local intake, the following documentation needs to be attached to the application for admission.

  • Proof of ownership of the property by the parent/s where the student will reside. This may be a rates notice from the local council.
  • Where the family is in a rental property, a copy of the rental agreement (minimum 12 months). If the rental agreement is a private arrangement then a Statutory Declaration, authorised by a Justice of the Peace, will be needed from the Lessor to verify the place of residence.
  • The renting of a room in a property is not acceptable for enrolment.

Applicants should provide further pieces of evidence (minimum of 3) to confirm their residential address.

These may include:

  • Power – connection or account
  • Gas – connection or account
  • Telephone accounts
  • Removalist documents
  • Contents Insurance
  • Any other official documents that may support the application as proof of residence.

Additional documents required are:

  • A copy of the student’s Birth Certificate if born in Australia or Passports of the Parents and the student if born overseas.
  • The student’s most recent school report showing subjects and grades.
  • The student’s most recent NAPLAN report if applicable.

Parents are reminded that under the Education Act 1999, Division 2.20 “the Principal may cancel the enrolment if false or misleading information was given”

  1. It is a requirement that the school is informed immediately of any change of address.
  2. It is also a requirement that all the information provided is accurate.

Note the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy states:

Cancellation of enrolment

Section 20.  (1)  The Principal of a school may cancel the enrolment of an enrolee at the school if the principal is satisfied that –

(a)          the enrolment was obtained by the giving of false or misleading information; or

(b)          Section 17 has not been complied with.

Note that Section 17 states:

Change of particulars

Section 17.  (1)  Where there is a change in –

(a)          the place of residence of an enrol; or

(b)          the particulars referred to in section 16 (1 (b) or (c) in respect of the enrolee, notice of the change is to be given to the principal of the school at which the enrolee is enrolled –

(c)          by a parent of the enrolee;

Parents are required to notify the school of any changes to a student’s Citizenship, i.e. current Visa sub Class when changing from Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident of where a student becomes an Australian Citizen. A copy of this documentation is required for our records.

English Competency:

Students wishing to enrol who have received instruction outside Australia will need to demonstrate fluency in Standard Australian English on enrolment.

Courses in English as an Additional Language or Dialect (English as a Second Language) are available for eligible students and applicants needing further language development may be referred to an Intensive English Centre or a specialised senior campus.


A birth certificate or extract of birth certificate or passport must be provided with the application for enrolment as proof of age. Only in very exceptional circumstances, and only with the permission of the Principal, will a student be placed in a group that does not correspond to his or her age group.

A student who has turned 18 years of age prior to 30 June of the year of the application for enrolment will not be permitted to enrol at the school.


Provision of immunisation records at enrolment is a requirement of the Department of Education.Parents of students vaccinated in Australia can request an Immunisation History Statement at any time by:

  • telephoning ACIR (Australian Childhood Immunisation Register) on 1800 653 809 (free call)
  • Emailing

Sibling Policy

Siblings are not assured enrolment at the school where the family is residing outside the school boundary at the time of the sibling’s enrolment.

Overseas Students

Students who were born overseas must be Australians citizens or hold an appropriate visa before enrolling at the school. For overseas students who are in Australia using an entry visa it is necessary that we sight the passport and visa of the parent – primary visa holder – and student at this time. These should be submitted at the time of the application.

Special Needs

Parents of students with special needs should contact the school to discuss these needs and the appropriateness of a placement in Rossmoyne Senior High School prior to lodging an application to enrol. It is important that these issues and the school’s ability to meet these needs are discussed and potential problems highlighted.

Application to Enrol

In consideration of the requirements set out above, parents who wish to proceed with an enrolment application should submit evidence of securing a property within the local intake area.   At this time an application package will be provided for completion and return, together with all the supporting documentation to the school.

Approved Specialist Programs

Students who reside within or outside the Rossmoyne Senior High School boundary and who have a passion for, and special ability in, Classical Music, Mathematics or Volleyball may apply for entry into these Approved Specialist Programs.

Students may apply in Year 6 for entry into Year 7 for Classical Music, Volleyball and Specialist Mathematics.

Gifted and Talented Program

Students who reside within or outside the Rossmoyne Senior High School boundary may apply for entry into the Gifted and Talented Program. The Gifted and Talented program at Rossmoyne Senior High School is in the Selective Languages Program in Years 7 to 10.

Application and selection processes are managed centrally by the Department of Education Gifted and Talented Selection Unit. Please visit for further information.

International Students

Rossmoyne Senior High School is currently NOT accepting International Students. Please direct all enquires to TAFE International on 9218 2100.

Thank you