Host a French exchange student in March 2023
Rossmoyne Senior High School is seeking families to host students from our French partner school, Saint Thomas Aquinas, in Lyon (France).
- Two week stay from Week 10 of Term 1, into the first week of the April school holidays.
- Male and female students ages 15 to 17 years.
- Lyonnais students speak excellent English.
- Hosting opportunity open to all Rossmoyne families, not just families of French students.
- Excellent experience and opportunity to improve your French speaking skills.
- French students matched to Rossy families based on compatible ages and interests with hosting students.
- By the end of the two weeks, you will be saying: “Vive la France!!”
Express your interest
If you’re able to provide a temporary home in the Rossmoyne Senior High School community and help your host student practice their spoken English, express your interest by emailing Languages Program Coordinator Pat Young on email@example.com to request an application form. Forms are also available from the Languages Office.
Frequently asked questions:
What is a host family expected to do?
For the two weeks that the student is living with you, you are expected to provide them with a bed and meals – and treat them as one of the family.
Should we show them around WA?
You can stay local. Students will visit Rottnest and the Kimberley with their tour group. When they are hosted with you, they simply need an insight into every day life – not a tour de WA.
Is this just for students studying French?
No. Lyonnais students speak excellent English and just want to practice.
What happens when they leave?
Many previous host families are still in close contact with the students they have hosted in the past.
Is it a literal ‘swap’? When will they host me?
If you are learning French, you may consider hosting one of our visitors this coming March and then travelling to Lyon in March 2024.
How are families and students matched? When can we e-meet our student?
The host family application form will ask for information so we can match you with a French student with similar age and interests. Once you are matched, you will be able to contact them so you feel as though you know them already before they get here.