The Peer Support and transition program is committed to improving the quality of life for the students at Rossmoyne Senior High School using older Students as models and friends to the younger students .
The program objectives are to;
- assist Year 7 students in their transition from primary to high school.
- assist Year 7 students to adjust easily to the demands of high school, make connection and have peer mentors in their homeroom for support.
- contribute to the spirit of the school community by promoting responsibility and self-confidence.
- promote and develop leadership.
- iCARE values reinforced through a supported and planned program.
Year 10 students apply to be part of the program. A rigorous selection process and training program identify suitable candidates who will act as Transition Leaders, Peer Tutors, Peer Mentors and Peer Mediators to support the school ethos of respect for all by all.