Specialist Volleyball Program
- Holder of the President’s Cup for Top WA Volleyball School since 1992
- Australian Volleyball Schools Cup 2nd in 2019
- Two Olympians and 45 Australian Representatives
Rossmoyne Senior High School provides an outstanding opportunity for students outside the school boundary to be part of a widely recognised and highly successful Volleyball program. With more than 300 students competing at WA Schools’ Cup, WA Junior League and the Australian Volleyball Schools’ Cup, Rossmoyne’ s program has developed a state and national reputation for excellence.
Specialist Volleyball students set high standards as future leaders in the sport and recreation community. Students represent the school in competitions in both Perth and the Gold Coast, while also enjoying opportunities to gain referee and coaching accreditations. Many Rossmoyne students represent Western Australia at the Australian Junior Volleyball Championships and Australian Junior Beach Volleyball Championships each year. Rossmoyne’s program is highly regarded by the Western Australian and Australian Institutes of Sport. With the introduction of state-of-the-art beach volleyball facilities the program now offers an integrated indoor and beach volleyball pathway.
As Year 7 students, at Rossmoyne Senior High School volleyballers are a part of a rich community of sports tradition as they develop their skills for higher level participation. Concurrently with their physical education program, they receive special tuition in volleyball before school, have opportunities to compete in the WA Volleyball League and attend a two-day development camp.
As the students’ journey through Rossmoyne’s specialist program continues into Year 8, they attend dedicated volleyball classes and have the chance to travel to the Gold Coast to compete at the Australian Volleyball Schools Cup. In Year 11 and Year 12, they will enjoy opportunities to study sports science through the Physical Education Course of Study in Year 11 and 12, where their volleyball experiences can contribute towards their Curriculum Council Western Australian Certificate of Education.
There is a requirement that students who enter the Volleyball Specialist Program will commit to the program until the end of Year 10 and participate fully in other selected school sports programs, particularly athletics and swimming. As a condition of continued enrolment at Rossmoyne Senior High School, the school requires students to achieve to a set standard in their specialisation and in other studies for the four years they are in the program.
Students from within the school boundary enrolling at Rossmoyne who wish to be considered for the volleyball program are not required to make an application at this stage. These students will complete the selection process in Term 1, 2022.
Applications are invited for:
students who are in Year 7 or Year 8
students who are in Year 8 or Year 9 (mid-year entry)
Thank you for your interest in this Program. Rossmoyne Senior High School has a long tradition of excellence in all areas of the curriculum and the School’s Volleyball program has established an outstanding reputation at State and National levels.
For commencement in 2022, the following selection process will apply:
- Applications submitted online and received by 4pm Wednesday March 31, 2021. APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
- Applicants contacted to confirm testing date and time.
- Performance Testing* at Rossmoyne Senior High School: Monday 3 May 2021.
- All applicants notified by end of July 2021.
- Successful applicants will commence Monday 1 January, 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to participate fully in the program including after hours activities such as training, camps and competitions.
Criteria for applicants who are in Year 7 or Year 8
Applicants should provide evidence in their application of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated high standards of personal behaviour and academic achievement;
- Experience being a member of sporting teams, showing a commitment to training and an ability to excel in teamwork situations; and
- Dedication to extra-curricular trainings and carnivals, including swimming and athletics.
- Volleyball playing experience; and
- High achievement in swimming, athletics or other sporting activities.
Criteria for applicants who are in Year 8 or Year 9 (mid-year entry)
Applicants should provide evidence in their application of the following criteria
- Demonstrated high standards of personal behaviour and academic achievement
- Member of a representative volleyball team, showing a commitment to training and an ability to excel in teamwork situations
- Dedication to extra-curricular trainings and carnivals, including swimming and athletics
- Volleyball playing experience at a state/national level
- High achievement in swimming and athletics
Specialist Volleyball Program Application:
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED for Year 7s and Year 8s commencing in 2022.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED for Years 8 and Year 9s in 2021 (mid-year entry).
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted after the due date, will not be accepted.
Performance testing may include:
- Height, Weight, BMI, Arms span
- Vertical jump
- Shuttle run
- Basketball throw
- 40m sprint
- Flexibility (LRB)
- Spatial awareness
We thank you for considering Rossmoyne Senior High School as a school of choice for your child.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact our Enrolment Officer, Mrs Tracy Bruinsma on 9235 1621.