VET Students are Shining Stars
2015 has seen Vocational Education and Training (VET) students achieve tremendous success across Years 11 and 12. They have performed exceptionally well both academically and on work placement. Congratulations to Mitchell Homewood who has won the Gold Medal for WA in the prestigious World Skills competition. Mitchell has outperformed his VET peers in the automotive industry and he will be presented with his medallion at a prestigious ceremony later this year. A very bright future lies ahead for Mitchell.
Other shining stars include VET students who are short-listed for the 2015 School Curriculum and Standards Authority state awards:
- Paris Slocum – for the Work Place Learning Exhibition Award and for the industry area of Community Services
- Sarah Preece – for the industry area of Beauty
- Jed Flett- for the industry area of Electrical
- Courtney Farrow – for the industry area of Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Mitchell Homewood is also short-listed for these awards in the industry area of Automotive.
We also congratulate the following Year 11 students:
- Nicholas Cook, who has been offered full time employment at the Merrywell Restaurant at Crown
- Dominique Duvall , who is the Top Student for Polytechnic’s Certificate III course in Business
- Elle Parkin, who has been awarded the Central TAFE Top Year 11 Student Certificate III in Education Support.
- Robyn Copeland, who has been nominated in the top 5 Alberts Golden Broom Award for Hairdressing.