Volleyball News and Results November 2020
A busy weekend of volleyball all around Perth saw Rossmoyne students competing against rivals Aquinas College on the evening of Friday 13 November, and then hit the sand at City Beach for the first round of the ATA Beach Volleyball Tour and the WA High Schools Beach Cup over the rest of the weekend.
The weekend saw over 75 Rossmoyne students compete at the various events with some fantastic results:
Aquinas vs Rossmoyne Challenge
This annual event sees our best team from Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and Open play against Aquinas College’s best teams. Aquinas is our biggest WA rival and it is always a closely fought affair with great sportsmanship on display. This year we performed to a very high level, winning the Year 7, Year 8 and Year 10 boys divisions. Well done to everyone who played and a big thankyou to our volunteer coaches and parent supporters.
ATA Beach Volleyball Tour Round 1
This tour sees the best beach volleyballers around WA compete across a series of weekend events. This round we had 7 students competing across various divisions, with special mention going to Phoebe L. who won a Gold Medal in the Competitive Women’s division.
WA High Schools Beach Cup
This event saw schools from all across WA compete in 2v2 and 4v4 divisions. Rossmoyne had 33 students competing and achieved some fantastic results:
- Year 11/12 Boys- Gold Medal- Qi Den K. and Danyl M.
- Year 11/12 Girls- Gold Medal- Hannah W. and Alysha E.
- Year 9/10 Boys A- Silver Medal- Kiefer L., Kyle M., Riley L. and Logan B.
- Year 9/10 Girls B- Gold Medal- Isabelle K., Vuyi M., Gowri M. and Brooke M.
- Year 7/8 Boys A- Silver Medal- Corey L., Michael O., Ben D. and Mitchell K.
- Year 7/8 Girls A- Gold Medal- Ava T.
- Year 7/8 Girls A- Silver Medal- Zafirah L., Natalie L., Georgia H. and Alicia F.