Year 12 Valedictory: Sunday 22 October 2017
Sunday 22 October 2017, 5:00pm
The Year 12 Valedictory is a formal event involving the presentation of a prestigious Rossmoyne Senior High School valedictorian sash to students, acknowledgment of outstanding student achievements, speeches by dignitaries and performances by our talented Performing and Visual Arts students.
Dressed in academic regalia, each student will cross the dais and be recognised for their commitment to secondary schooling.
Family and friends are encouraged to attend the Valedictory with a maximum of three tickets available per family. Tickets are $35 each and are available via Perth Concert Hall or Ticketmaster. Booking fees apply. Please see “How do I buy tickets?” below.
Year 12 students will receive a complimentary ticket provided by the school.
|Event||Year 12 Valedictory|
|Date||Sunday 22 October 2017|
|Time||5.00pm – 8.00pm|
|Event Duration||180 mins|
|Venue||Perth Concert Hall, 5 St Georges Tce, Perth|
LIMIT OF 3 TICKETS PER FAMILY
What is the Year 12 Valedictory?
- The Year 12 Valedictory is a formal event involving the presentation of a prestigious Rossmoyne Senior High School valedictorian sash to students, acknowledgment of outstanding student achievements, speeches by dignitaries and performances by our talented Performing and Visual Arts students.
- Dressed in academic regalia, each student will cross the dais and be recognised for their commitment to secondary schooling.
- All students are expected to maintain their good standing or their right to attend the Valedictory will be rescinded.
How do I buy tickets?
- All Year 12 students will receive a complimentary ticket provided by the school.
- Family and friends are encouraged to attend. Tickets cost $35 each and are available via the Perth Concert Hall or Ticketmaster. Booking fees do apply.
- Please note the school has a limit of x 3 tickets per transaction, to enable all families to attend.
- Additional tickets may become available, after Wednesday 18 October, once all families have had an opportunity to purchase their three tickets.
PERTH CONCERT HALL
- Website Bookings: perthconcerthall.com.au
- Phone Bookings: Perth Concert Hall Box Office 9231 9999
- In Person: Perth Concert Hall Box Office Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Website Bookings: ticketmaster.com.au
- Phone Bookings: Theatre & Arts Line 1300 723 038
- General Events Enquiries: 136100
What do students wear?
- Students are expected to dress in a clean, neat and pressed school uniform with black school shoes (no heels). Students are to wear good quality tailored plain navy trousers (as per the dress code). Should the school skirt be worn it is highly recommended students wear black tights as the stage is elevated. Jumpers are not to be worn into the auditorium. Each student will be issued with an academic gown on the night, which will be worn for the Valedictory and collected at the end of the evening.
- Students received their invitation in class on Wednesday 6 September and have been requested to RSVP by Friday 8 September. Included in their RSVP is the size of their academic gown they require. There is an opportunity to try the gowns on during Break 1 and 2 on Thursday 7 September and Friday 8 September when they RSVP. There are no charges to hire the academic gown.
- At the Final Assembly on Thursday 19 October students will be provided with further details of the evening and also include the number of the gown they will be hiring.
What time do students arrive?
- Students are to arrive at the Perth Concert Hall by 4.00pm at the latest on Sunday 22 October, collect their numbered gowns and assemble in the Graduand VIP Lounge on the Terrace Level, Southern Corridor.
Where do students collect their gowns?
- Students are able to collect their gowns from the Gown Collection Station on the Terrace Level, Southern Corridor from 3.00pm.
- At the conclusion of the Valedictory all gowns must be returned to the Gown Return Station before leaving the Perth Concert Hall.
I’m a parent or guest, what time do I need to arrive?
- Doors open to the Auditorium at 4.30pm. Please ensure you bring your Perth Concert Hall or Ticketmaster ticket to gain entry into the auditorium and are seated by 4.45pm. Refreshments will be available for purchase.
Where do I park?
- Parking is available at the City of Perth’s No 7 undercover car park (located beneath the venue) and the City of Perth’s No 1 car park on Terrace Road. Fees do apply.
How do I arrange professional photography?
- Bliss Studio will be in attendance at the Valedictory to capture all the moments of this important milestone.
- Bliss Studio will be available prior to the ceremony from 3pm to 4pm for family and individual portraits on Level One (area facing St George’s Terrace) of the Perth Concert Hall.
- During the ceremony all proceedings on stage will be photographed – certificate presentations, awards, performances and speakers.
- After the ceremony Bliss Studio will be available for family/individual/group portraits in the downstairs foyer for one hour. No appointments are necessary.
How to View and Order Photographs:
- Visit blissstudio.com.au
- Select SCHOOLS Tab
- Select SCHOOLS 2017 in drop down menu
- Register to create account – or use existing account from school ball
- Enter Access Code: CAU5558
- View images in various marked folders and place order by Due Date: Tuesday 14th November
- Photographs ordered are POSTED directly to your home address
- Digital Options available for IMMEDIATE Download
For additional queries please contact
Marketing and Media Officer
Rossmoyne Senior High School
T: 9259 2245